Thursday, December 9, 2010

Holiday Crafting

Hi Everyone,
I know it has been quite a while since I posted on here unfortunately I have been busy busy with holiday crafting and tatting did play a small part. Mostly I have been knitting. So I will ask you are you done with your crafting for the holiday? I can say I am done. I do have some Christmas thread sitting on a shuttle that I am thinking is going to be something but that is about it. My hours have increased at work so I am not sure what if anything else will get done. Oh well I guess that is why so many start there Christmas crafting in the summer.
Now on to what I have done and want to share.
The first one is from the book Mini Tats and I was playing with some size 10 thread in the color Christmas. The thread is there because I was seeing if it could work as an ornament. It seems to work well. The second is the famous stumpy and that thread is Lizabeth in the color of Springtime. I plan on framing it and will give to my cousin for Christmas. I really like the stumpy motif and have not seen any bad ones done.

Now on to some knitting. What you see is thirteen dishcloths. Yep that is right thirteen. I used the pattern called Grandma's favorite. For those who knit, you start with 4 stitches and you increase to a point and then once you get to the point you decrease back to 4 stitches. I plan on giving these to coworkers and my Aunt. My Aunt is also getting that tatted leaf. I have never done so many dishcloths before and likely wont do it again. I can say that they made great tv knitting. Oh I also forgot the yarn I used was sugar and cream as well as Peaches and Cream in various colors. The Peaches and cream yarn seemed softer.

Lastly but not the least is a pair of socks for a dear friend of mine. These are called Diagonal lace socks and the pattern is from the book From the Toe Up by Wendy Knits. I really like how they came out and the yarn which came from Knit Picks is a soft yarn. It can be splitty but I was very careful. So I think that is about it. As you can see, I have been very busy and am hoping that with completing my holiday crafting I can get back to my tatting. I do have several pattern ideas I want to try and as I read everyone's blog I know I will get more. I guess that is it. Have a crafty day and work on your Christmas crafting. 

7 comments:

  1. Wish I had so much done! I'm just now thinking about knitting for Christmas. It's doubtful that I'll get much done though. I'm slow at knitting!

    Your gifts will all be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well does it help I started the end of Summer. Trust me that is the only way I could have done it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great socks, thin thread and a pattern in it, whow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great short row heels! Love your Stumpy!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Sure sounds like you have been awful busy! Hope you get to slow down some and enjoy your holiday season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice!

    I wish I could knit.. I only know the basic cast on, cast off and 1 stitch (well, I guess that's knitting), but I don't know how to do anything but scarf shape LOL

    Thanks for the comment on my site. I know that Lyn Morton's book is mainly for metallic thread, but it is fun to see what can be made from other types.

    Just an FYI... I've found that one or two patterns must be modified in the number of stitches if one is not going to use metallic thread.

    I find it best to sometimes work a test piece to see how it will lay, before I go getting in to my good tatting thread.

    Just something to keep in mind ;-)

    Like your site, BTW.

    ReplyDelete