Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Motif 4 (A taste of fall)

Hi Everyone,
 I seem to be holding the motivation to tat and this is good. With Thanksgiving and Christmas coming we will see how long it lasts. At any rate on to the tatting for the day.
This pattern was one that I had in my files for about a year and as it turns out I checked closely to find that I have 2 patterns that are similar but not the same.
The pattern I did is called the Canadian Sugar Maple leaf and it was designed by Gale Marshal. I also have one called a Maple leaf and that one was designed by Tammy M. Rodgers. Only difference I see is the chain counts are different and the ring counts are also different. I will likely try out the other one soon.
I had wanted to step up the difficulty in the pattern and this pattern with the right thread is so pretty. I saw Fox had done one last week I think it was and it was so pretty. Loved it. So I thought with that pretty lizabeth thread it would be perfect. The color is called Falling leaves. And I know there are mistakes in this motif but I thought I would finish it regardless. I only worked on it at certain times to make sure I didn't make huge mistakes. I think it turned out pretty good. I am not totally sure what I will do it with it. I am considering the idea of framing it and giving it to my Aunt for Christmas. She does not live in the same state as me and she is home sick. Where she lives, the weather stays nice year round they dont really get the falling leaves nor snow. So I thought my motif would remind her of home.
So there ya go. I am not sure what my next motif will be. I do have ideas, between my books and my internet files I know I will come up with something. Also for those of you who have commented on my blog thus far I thank you all. I never realized that the tatting folk on the net were this nice. You are all great people and are good at making people feel welcome. Thank you again

4 comments:

  1. The one by Tammy Rodgers was an updated version of the one that appeared in Workbasket - twice. I have a very early Workbasket with the pattern and then the one in the 50's or so. I've tatted all three of them. I'll be tatting some again soon to add to my dye pot of leaves. Tammy's is a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Your aunt will love it!

    There is another leaf pattern you could check out - I have it on tat-ology here: http://www.tat-ology.com/2010/10/new-york-inspires-tatting.html.
    The pattern is by J.Paulson, and is pretty cute. If you cannot find it and want me to send you the pattern, email me. : )
    Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely fall leave in lovely fall colours. You will make your aunt happy with this! Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat leaf and great colors! :)

    ReplyDelete