Saturday, October 2, 2010

Motif 1 is done.

Hi Everyone,
My first motif is one that I am thinking gone viral. I did the motif called stumpy. I read the 25 motif challenge blog everyday and stubby seemed to have come up in several blogs all of which I do so loved all of them. I saw stubby and thought I could do that. Unfortunately I did make a mistake on the one clover in that I added extra stitches oops. I went ahead and finished it but was not pleased with it. So this week I redid it and the 2nd stubby is the right.
The thread used was lizabeth unfortunately I dont remember what color I used. The 2nd one was DMC mercerized crochet cotton. The only thing on the label that says color is 5109 and it does not list size but I am thinking it is size 10.





So there ya go. 1 down 24 to go. I am thinking and considering what my next motif will be. Between books and patterns I have saved I am not worried. Also did you all know that Michaels sells shuttles and size 80 thread? I was there this afternoon and saw it. The thread is basic colors which I do have and the shuttles are metal with a little hook. Both my DMC. Makes me think that tatting is more popular then I thought. :)

Thank you for the warm welcome and kind words from some of you. I am most grateful.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finished motif. As you tat your skills will grow and soon you will e trying the newer techniques. On to the next motif.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeay for Stumpy :) he looks nice, you did a good job :) lots of friendly people here and lots of neat things to learn, all you have to is ask someone when you get stuck anywhere, someone always has a trick or an idea :) Never feel bad about making your mistakes, some of them can actually lead to new ideas or techniques :D

    Grats on your first motif :)

    Bree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stumpy looks great, and I love the colors! Congratulations on a great start to the 25 Motif Challenge!

    I've made so many Stumpy motifs in the past month, I've lost count! The only place I've seen size 80 thread is Michaels and Hobby Lobby. I'm not sure if tatting is popular, or if they just stock a little bit because there are so few of us out there... I like your positive attitude... tatting rules!

    This week I started tatting with Sulky Blendables embroidery cotton... fabulous colors, but tough to retro-tat! I'll need to go buy some Thread Heaven to care for my poor thread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stumpies look really nice and I love your color choices! :)

    ReplyDelete