Thursday, October 14, 2010

Time for some tatting (motif 2 and 3)

Hello everyone,
Yes I have done some tatting. I wanted to try out my new boye shuttles as well as try out some flowers from my new book called Tatting Rings of Flowers which for some reason I didnt list the title oops.

Now on to the tatting. In trying out the new shuttles I was pleasantly surprised because they work well and unlike the sewmate shuttles I dont get picked with the pick. That was one thing I hated about the sewmate shuttles that silly pick. Now in trying the new boye shuttle I tried out the pick and it just does not do it for me. I must be so used to my shuttles with the hook that anything else just wont cut it. So then I compared the boye shuttle to the sewmate shuttle. The post falls at the same place, they are the same size too. The only difference is the hole in the middle is bigger on the sewmate and the sewmate pick angles up. I will use both because the shuttles are good. I just have way too many shuttles now. Oops

Now on to some tatting. First these little flowers. These are from my new book. I couldnt wait to try out the flowers. For those who the book the top 2 flowers are pattern 9. The bottom 2 are pattern 14 and 16. Yes I know gray is not a good flower color. I was just playing with size on that one. I am classifying these are motif 2. I was really having fun yesterday with these.



This is my 3 motif. I wanted to really test out the new shuttle and that thread was handy. This thread came from my recent trip to Michaels. It is size 10 and the colorway is called LT Pastels. The pattern came from the book Mini Tats. I am really pleased with it and am thinking what I can do with it. I may see if I can turn it into a Christmas Ornament. So there ya have it. I am easing my way into this challenge and while these items are simple, I am atleast tatting. That is a good thing so. Now on to work and I do have ideas for my next motif.

Have a great day and make some time for some tatting.

3 comments:

  1. Your flowers are cute and I love the motif! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved this little square motif and have tatted it a gazillion times! It is pretty in that thread.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete