Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tatting goodies in the mail.

Got to love mail days when there are goodies in it, especially if the job drives ya nuts. Today I got some tatting goodies that I am so looking forward to play with.

Last week I got email from Handy Hands that the boye shuttles have come in. I had heard they were coming out and so I just watched. I really  wanted some of these because these lovely shuttles are the ones I learned how to tat with. My Grandma gave an original red boye shuttle and some I think it was knit cro sheen thread. Then she showed me how to do the double stitch. I swear I kept making rings and at the end of the week I was tatting. So these shuttles have a special place in my heart. I have to try them out and will let you know what I think. I know I still have the original boye shuttle so I will see if I can find it and compare.



Next thing I got is some more Lizabeth thread in size 40. I am starting to really like this thread and am finally getting used to it. Seems more twisty then what I have worked with but that could be just me. At any rate, these colors are Autumn Spice and Falling Leaves. I do have these in size 20 too but I am thinking of a few ideas that a smaller size would work better.  Besides these 2 colors have to be some of my favorites.


Lastly but not the least is a book I have wanted for a while. I have hesitated because I kinda thought it was kinda high in price but I thought ok get it and if it really does not do it for me I can always sell it on ebay or something. Wow is all I can say so many flowers in this book plus leaf patterns and other ideas. I was hoping this would be a good book and if I can do these patterns which looking at the patterns they don't really look hard I am thinking of potential Christmas gifts for 2 dear friends.  

I think that is all for now. I am going to go play with my new stuff now and be on the look out for more postings soon. :)
Have a tatty day. 






2 comments:

  1. Those are some wonderful goodies, Yvonne! I think you'll enjoy the book. I've learned a lot by tatting those lovely little flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful goodies! You'll love that book.

    ReplyDelete