Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tatting failures

Well I thought I would post something today. I had thought it would be something I created but unfortunately I have had several tatting failures. I am not showing ya the pictures either. The latest was a cross pattern that was in my files. I made it before and I thought it might be something to work on but I missed a chain and the gauge was all wrong. So the question you are likely asking why dont you just redo it. Well the answer to that is I am not crazy about the color I had chosen for it. Lizabeth in silver colorway almost reminds me of a gray color. So now I am sitting with a partial bobbin mostly full in this silver and I don't know what I am going to tat with it. I am off tomorrow so I am thinking and wondering maybe a chain pattern of some kind. I figured that if nothing else it would be a good practice plus the right one could be a bookmark. What do you do with a color like that?
Now I do have some tatting to show you all. I am going to show you my go to tatting that if I have little bits of thread left or I want to tat but I dont know what to tat I do this.

Now these flowers are not from any particular book I change the double stitch count sometimes but those are what I do. I have a sandwich baggie sitting by my computer that I fill. I took a bunch of them and turned them into a greeting card for my Mom for Mothers Day one year. She loved it. So my second question is what do you do when you have bits of thread you just dont want to throw out or you want to tat but you dont know what to tat. I welcome all answers and may try out this pattern.
I guess that is it. Time to get ready for work but after that I will likely start going through my books.

1 comment:

  1. For your silver thread: have you considered making a little piece of jewelry, maybe? A small medallion for a necklace perhaps?
    I think what you do with little leftovers is a good idea: use it for greeting cards. Everybody loves to get something that is made with love, care and precision! Ingrid

    ReplyDelete